1. Have you been curious about Twerking, well now there is a class to get your Twerk on like Miley.
Thanks to Miley Cyrus, Twerking is on the rise. According to the Oxford Dictionary “twerking is a dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance.” So why not make a fitness class dedicated on how to Twerk. The class is called Twerkshop and will be in Philadelphia.
It will be a 90minute fitness workshop that focuses on the basics of how to Twerk and then progress as the class goes on. Since Twerking can be considered sexual the class is for men and women that are 18 years old and up. I would LOVE to try this but will be away, but it is definitely a unique workout class. So if you get to go let me know how it is maybe they will have another I can attend.
2. Five fitness trends in 2013 to watch out for
The one class that specifically spoke to me was the new fitness trend called Pound. It involves drumsticks and your entire workout/performance is like a jam out session, which could be fun since you are burning calories. I wish there was a pound class near me to try. Trust me I am on the lookout for it
They also mention Crossfit, which I have wanted to try, so stay tuned because I will hopefully will get to do a post on it soon! What I like about this is that companies like Reebok and Adidas are offering classes to their employees to keep them in shape and healthy, hopefully this trend will continue to other companies.
3. Rowing classes are the new IT workout.
You know that rowing machine that you see at the gym. Some people use it or the crew team uses it. Sometimes I might use it as a warm up. However, some are saying just by taking a twenty- minute rowing class you can burn a lot of calories just like a cycling class if not more. So far this workout is featured in rowing studios or in other gyms like Equinox so be certain that I am searching for one to try near me.
4. 33 New fitness classes, I wish I could do them all
Here are just a few fitness classes that spoke to me as I went through the long list of new fitness classes to try in the top major cities.
- Butifitness this class focuses on lifting that booty and right now it is just in LA but it’s a mix of yoga, strength training, and tribal dancing. Sounds like a great time.
- Chicagos Caveman workout will have you moving tires, throwing sand bags, carrying an empty keg up stairs and so much more. This sounds challenging and awesome at the same time.
- For all the New Yorkers the Brooklyn Bridge Workout sounds intense. You will do a full body workout using the entire length of the 2.2 mile bridge. I might have to take a trip up. I wonder what they do in the winter?
5. 13 fitness trends too look out for
Here’s a brief sampling of some of the workout trends you may or may not have heard of.
- Boot Camps can range depending on the gym and the type of boot camp, but no matter what, a boot camp is always a good workout.
- Fusion Classes-, which is two exercises, mixed into one. For example Pilates and Boxing equals a Piloxing class or Yoga and Pilates makes Yogalates.